Returning from Nashville: Songwriting and New Artist Venture I've been on Lately

 

Where do I begin?  For many years I've quietly dreamed of being in the world of music...okay, I want to be a rockstar!  Only problem is I'm an introvert and not big on being in the limelight.  I'm also not as musically talented as I am a writer.  Sure, I can strum a couple of chords, and sing and harmonize on some things, I can sorta ad lib, but when it comes to keeping time, and singing really good, and staying in rhythm, I don't do well.  I choke on my spit, get off key, I get lost in music, the metronome keeps ticking and i don't know where to jump in.  I've known for years I'm a writer and not a performance singer.

I recently took a test from a Dove winning songwriter who developed a "Songwriter Type Profile."  I am "Hearing and Prophetic."  I've known this for probably 20 years too, but most people would think I was crazy if I told them I hear the voice of God and have the gift of prophecy.  Not seeing the future prophecy but proclaiming the truth prophecy.  My name even means truthful one.  All this to say I value truth in my writing and delivering of messages I communicate, whether on this blog or in my music.  Sometimes I have to bite my tongue in real life situations because most people aren't in favor of hearing the truth.  The next highest part I scored on was structure, then content and concept.  I scored low when it came to melody, chords and arranging and producing.  While I do hear a melody sometimes when I write, usually my writing comes all at one time, more like a poem would.

I just returned from my third trip to Nashville for The Getty's Sing! Conference.  It gets better and better every year.  They had more exhibitors and opportunities to sing every hour of the day!  It was amazing.  We celebrated 250 Years of Hymns, and we're still writing!  I was able to talk with a ministry that is apart of a project of re-writing verses to the old hymns.  I am hoping to be apart of that.  I submitted my verse to a contest. Still waiting to hear. I had many ask me for a demo or artist website.  I have neither.  Not my strength. But, I've come home excited to write more music.  

Let's back up to the beginning of this year.  Many of my songs I've written over the course of 25 years have been born out of anguish.  I'm a deep feeler, I internalize everyone's feelings and situations.  I take things personally, and life hasn't been easy.  This year has been hard to say the least, it's been a challenge in my family personally.  We've had a lot of trips over the mountain.  I've cried a lot of tears.  Out of it I wrote two songs that I think are the probably among the best I've written.  Pain demands a response.  Dear Friends and family have died.  I've had surgery.  I've been to court.  Work has had me pinned up against a wall so busy I couldn't breathe.  Exhaustion has taken over more days than not. Just life.

My newest venture has been to join the world of SUNO just to get my lyrics out there.  I've had so much fun bringing my songs to life.  They have pretty much sat in a folder and spiral bound and on whatever paper I can find to write on.  A lot of lyrics I've written in my phone notes.  Scattered mess.  I wrote my first country song and published it.  It's everything I wanted it to sound like!  Of course SUNO is AI and people have a huge problem with that.  We're all creative in our own way.  I write the lyrics and have an idea how I want it to sound like.  Some people are rock and roll, I'm more of a ballad, folk, americana, Christian Contemporary person.  I love listening to rock music, but my soul isn't really rock, it's a calm country roll.  I hope you will check my music out, below is a link to my channel, I guess you call it.  There has been some music to my songs that hasn't been at all what I want it to sound like, so I'm trying to keep learning it and get it to a place that it sounds right.  What I have published, I like and it sounds like what I have had in my head.  Mostly, I want to get my lyrics out there.  Which is a VERY VERY vulnerable thing for me.  My songs bear my soul. I've been very protective of what I've written.

https://suno.com/@aggie89

Let me know which one is your favorite.

At the end of the day my favorite thing is being Aunt Aggie to all my children.  I love being Lucy's dog mom.  I love working with tremendous people at my job.  I love my family.  I love Tennessee, and the Vols!  I have a full beautiful life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Life Event with Safer Communities- Midlands

Story of a Lifetime

Living Life