The Haiti Relief

So Haiti had an earthquake as everyone knows and we have gone into a panic. I feel bad for the Haitians, however I feel that Americas efforts to reach out are a little over board. I think it goes even more over board when you get Celebrities such as Ellen Degeneres (whom I love to watch) be taking calls for people to donate money like PBS does to keep showing Barney and Friends. I think it's also ridiculous to send a text to a certain number to donate the what is your normal charge for the text, or even join a group on facebook to send a penny.
I say all this because I realize what is going on in America. Don't we have thousands of homeless people living under bridges? Don't we have lots of people who are unable to support themselves, children who beg for food? But we just go on with our own business, maybe donating our pocket change around Christmas.
Also, the American people are in a great recession, people have been having a hard time making ends meet. Christmas presents were sparse among many families. But when it comes to helping another country, we'll do whatever we can. In my opinion, the majority of this money should be helping stimulate the American Economy.
This all kinda makes since to me, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture, I don't know. I'm educated, and am of a simple mind, but I believe what I have written. I am saddened when I look at how America is today. We have lost our barrings, we have forgotten our history, among with many other things like money, and jobs.
So thats my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe