The Solid Rock

There is an old hymn called "The Solid Rock" written by Edward Mote in 1834.


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.


Tonight I had the honor and privilege to hear Mike Huckabee speak at my church. I wish I could repeat everything he said, or even remember everything he said. It was a great message!! Wow! He said a lot of good things, and I agreed with everything he said. When he was talking I was reminded of something the Lord told me one night last year about our country. I thought it was cool that said more or less the same thing God told me. I'll share that in a minute.
One of Obama's "catch phrases" was "Hope we can believe in." I guess he was referring to himself when he said 'hope.' But as we just read in the song above and as it is said in the Bible, "My HOPE it built on NOTHING LESS than JESUS blood and RIGHTEOUSNESS." Our hope cannot be put into man, or into our government, or anything but God. We as both Americans, and Christians must stand on nothing but the Solid Rock who will hold us up; anyone else is sinking sand. My Hope is not in Obama, My Hope is in Jesus.
August 17, 2009 at 12:25AM, I wrote in my journal:
Tonight the Lord is not letting me sleep, He has given me a message about our Country, more reminded me of a promise. I was also anticipating my first day back to school so, more or less I was wanting him to give me an encouraging word for school or give me a challenge to do at school.
The verse found in 2 Chronicles 7:14 has been a popular verse lately with all that is taking place in our country, this verse states, "If my people who are called by name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land." As our country has taken a turn for the worse and has turned from God in general, we as Christians, and children of God must remain strong and humbled, and united with each other. We must cling to the promise that he will heal our land, Revelation 21 is all about the new heaven and the new earth. "1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.[a] 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” 5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” 6 And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. 7 All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. 10 So he took me in the Spirit[b] to a great, high mountain, and he showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God and sparkled like a precious stone—like jasper as clear as crystal. 22 I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. 24 The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory. 25 Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there. 26 And all the nations will bring their glory and honor into the city. 27 Nothing evil[f] will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. Our new earth and heaven is promised to us already. All that is taking place in our world is all part of Gods plan. Romans 13 clearly states that we are to obey the government, for God is the one who put it there, he knew who would take office, he knows what our President thinks. Sometimes it's hard to know how to pray for our president and our government, so we should just pray that God's will continue to be done. Also insead of praying for something that is already promised (a healing of our land) and that things will turn around in our economy, pray for the lost souls who do not have the hope of the promises God has promised or the hope of eternal life for that matter.
Now comes the time to put into action all that we have learned in church; boot camp and training camp are complete. It's time for us to stand up, and be firm in what we believe , to continue putting on the armor of God on (Ephesians 6:10-17) and guarding our hearts and our minds. We must keep praying for each other, and putting our hope and trust in the HOPE there is, Jesus.

AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe