Declare it with Words!

It has been my habit for a few weeks now to take walks in the morning. On these walks I pray, I sing, I take in God creation around me. I try to say positive things about myself in relation to my relationship with God. Things such as, "God is on my side" (better than Nationwide Insurance, HAHA!!) "God is good, and has good plans for my life." Or, "Blessings are chasing me down and overflowing my life." It's not prideful to say things like this, because when you say things like this you create an environment in your life for God to work, and the enemy, Satan, to be defeated! YES! Negative talk all the time will produce negative things, however, Positive talk all the time will produce positive things...pretty easy huh? I know it's hard to be positive all the time, sometimes we feel like that country song, "I just wanna be mad for a while." But anyway, that is beside the point. The point is, the confession of our mouth is a powerful weapon against the enemy, the Bible describes it as "sharper than a 2 edged sword" (Hebrews 4:12).
What are we saying of the Lord in our lives? Not what we think of Him....What are we saying the Lord can do in our lives? Many times in Psalms David said things such as, "I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge, my Strength, and my Fortress, MY GOD! On Him I lean, and rely, and in Him I confidently trust!"

"Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name."
~Hebrews 13:15


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe