You Need Help

My brother and I go to Elevation Church on Saturday nights here in Charlotte. We both enjoy Pastor Steven Furtick's messages and preaching style. We both are able to apply his teachings right on the spot. So this past weekend Furtick's message was on Spiritual Hearing loss and the importance of listening to what he (Furtick) has to say as well as being tuned into God. So after saying all that, I have a funny story to tell you.
So normally I'm a pretty good listener, I take notes and am very alert nodding my head and all the things your preacher likes to see from you. So pastor Steven is opening up the message and all of a sudden my brother turns to me and says "You need help!" tell me something I don't know, then this older dude next to me who has ear plugs in his ears because of the loud music turned to me and told me I needed help, and everyone else was turning to their neighbor in the building saying something. So, I turned back to Nathan and I said, "Did I miss something? What are we doing?" and dadgummit if I didn't become an illustration of the sermon all on my own. I had wondered off to lala land and didn't even hear him say turn to your neighbor and say this. I hate doing that in the first place, but I think preachers do that just to see if you're listening and awake. I think I make God laugh.
Listening is a good skill to have. We must all learn this skill in listening to God, and listening to each other.

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe