I Can Face Tomorrow

The hymn written by Bill and Gloria Gaither "Because He Lives" is a song that has changed my life, and I am always so encouraged when I sing it, or hear it. At one point in my life I wanted to throw in the towel on life. I didn't want to live, I didn't want to deal with any more bad stuff, and a number of different things. Life wasn't so pleasurable because I wasn't fully surrendered to Jesus, and wasn't fully trusting in His plan for my life. I don't remember the first time I heard this song or when it started impacting me so much, but here are some of the lyrics that really speak to me:

Because HE lives, I CAN face tomorrow!
Because He lives.
All fear is gone, because I know,
He hold's the future,
And Life IS worth the living,
Just because HE lives.

Wow! "Life is worth living because He lives." Like I pointed out in these past few posts, the Resurrection of Jesus was the climax for this story we are living in. His Resurrection changed the course of History, giving people like me HOPE! And not a Hope like Obama wants you to believe in. Jesus offers us a Hope that makes our lives worth living, because He changes us. It's funny, but God can make you a happy depressed person, I am Exhibit A of it. There are many days that I can get SOO down, but when I think about my Savior, I may still be depressed but I rest in the peace, and comfort of His arms knowing that HE LOVES ME! My future is in His hands and there is no reason for me to try to control it, or worry about anything.

Tomorrow can be faced no matter how bad it looks. Call on the one who holds it, and He can take the rest from there.

"I called out your name, O God, from the bottom of the pit.
You listened when I called out, 'Don't shut your ears!
Get me out of here! Save me! 'You came close when I called out.
You said, 'It's going to be all right.'
God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
His merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

Lamentations 3:55-57,22-24
THE MESSAGE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe