The National Day of Prayer

Pray

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18),(James 5:16)

The National Day of Prayer is Thursday. I believe everyday is a national day of prayer, at least should be. We shouldn't pray for wisdom, and guidance once a year.

I've voiced a few of my opinions on prayer here on my blog, check out the archives. Sometimes people get the idea they have to pray a long prayer before God will tune you in, some feel you have to use big words and King James Version words like ye and thou...what a confusing mess in my mind. I think of prayer as talking to a friend. And as I talk to friends throughout the day, I talk to God throughout the day. I talk to Him just as I talk to my friends. He knows each of us, so don't become something you are not in your prayers. He is our Father, come as you are.

Here is a great quote:
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors."
-George Washington, The First President of The United States of America

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe