But the Lord Stood With Me

"You should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at bringing others to Christ. Complete the ministry God has given you. The Lord will stand with me, and give me strength, that I might preach the Good News in all it's fullness for all Gentiles to hear. And he saved me from certain death. Yes, the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me home safely to his heavenly Kingdom. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen!"
2 Timothy 4:5, 17-18

We are all witnesses for Jesus. We have no excuse to not be a witness. It's what we are called to do. You don't need a degree or seminary, all you need is you, Jesus, and a Bible. Many are afraid to witness to people. Like Moses some of us have speech impediments, and don't do well talking...however, if you are a baptist woman I find that very hard to believe. HAHAA!!! I'm allowed to say stuff like that because I am a baptist woman...these days though I kinda find myself leaning more toward a radical Christian. Anyway. But didn't the Lord, speak and stand with Moses? Yeah! Surely the Lord can and will speak through you.
In my walk with Christ I've had many opportunities to share Jesus with hundreds if not thousands of people. Through my band, Work and Progress, and our concerts I know we reached hundreds. I've been on 2 mission trips as well. And while the ministry opportunities have been great, we can't forget that even a simple trip to Wal-mart is a mission trip!
Last year I remember being in Wal-mart I was getting some Dallas pictures developed and I was wearing my Detroit Life Changer shirt and a lady noticed "Detroit" and she asked if I was from there. I told her I went on a mission trip there last summer with a group from my church. She went on to tell me she was from Detroit and was so thankful that we had gone to help up there. I was able to share a little about what we did, and how much I enjoyed being there. She was overjoyed to hear about it, she seemed very touched that we would go up there and show her homestate that we cared, and would take the time to share our faith.
You never know who we will encounter when we simply wear a shirt proclaiming Jesus, and a city. I was very encouraged that God put her in my path that day. Detroit was such a great trip, and absolulty life changing in every way. I am reminded me of the verse found in 1 Peter 3:15 "Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." (NLT) Our 'theme' verse for that week was, "Whoever claims to live in Him, must walk as Jesus did" 1 John 2:6
Keep living your faith, be ready to explain it, and keep your eyes on Jesus! Love you all!! Keep spreading HIS love! He will stand with you, and give you the words to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe