True Worship

Leading worship, that is my passion, it is what fuels me. When I'm not singing or, sharing my testimony, or encouraging people my fire dies. QUICK. John and I were living our dream in our band Work in Progress. To preach, teach, lead worship, sing, cut up, and have a good time on stage during a concert. To do funny skits and make people laugh, but to also in that skit have a message, that’s what I'm made to do. That’s me! That’s what drives me, what makes me come alive, and be in Christ all He created me to be! Work In Progress was from the very hand of God. From the time Work in Progress started, our every need was provided; everything we needed He gave. What is even greater is, He put two unique, but very alike people (John and I) with a dream together, he blessed it, and us, and we took off. Work in Progress shared the gospel with hundreds, if not thousands of people through our church Mt. Holly Baptist, at churches we visited, and through our outreach program “G.R.O.W.” We dreamed big, knowing that because we serve an awesome God, nothing was impossible and still isn’t impossible.
I'm basically trying to say Worship is the stuff! That's what you need in your life. Worship is a lifestyle, how are you living your life right now? Are you living in such a way that honors God, and how you want to be caught when Jesus comes back? I won't lie to you, I struggle with this sometimes. I do and say things that are pretty ungodly every once in a while, and I fall in lay there for a while. But you know what? Jesus picks me back up, brushes me off, gives me some love, and I'm back on the road. So I'm like way off subject, but I just thought you needed to know that we mess up and it's okay, Jesus will fix you.
I was reading in my Bible last night John 7:7-9, 15, 19-23. Leading up to these verses the Pharisee's (who aren't fair-ya-see) and the Religious teachers who thought they knew it all came to Jerusalem to confront Jesus. I love to read how Jesus tells people off...he lays it down like "Say what?!" GO JESUS! Check out what Jesus says,

Jesus answered, "Isaiah was right about frauds like you, hit the bull's-eye in fact:

These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
but their heart isn't in it.
They act like they are worshiping me,
but they don't mean it.
They just use me as a cover
for teaching whatever suits their fancy,
Ditching God's command
and taking up the latest fads."

He went on, "Well, good for you. You get rid of God's command so you won't be inconvenienced in following the religious fashions!

"Heart" in verse 7 is a metaphor for the seat of moral decision making. Jesus goes on to say in verses 20-23:
"It's what comes out of a person that pollutes: obscenities, lusts, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, depravity, deceptive dealings, carousing, mean looks, slander, arrogance, foolishness—all these are vomit from the heart. There is the source of your pollution." Basically Jesus is saying, you say one thing with your lips, but your heart says something totally different. God can still fix you, but quit acting like you've got it together.
I got this great e-mail from my Aunt:

Beware of Terrorists Groups in Church
Latest news reports are that five terrorist cell groups have been operating in many of our churches. They have been identified as: Bin Sleepin, Bin Arguin, Bin Fightin, Bin Complainin, and Bin Missin.
Their leader, Lucifer Bin Workin, trained these groups to destroy the Body of Christ. The plan is to come into the church disguised as Christians and to work within the church to discourage, disrupt, and destroy.
However, there have been reports of a sixth group. A tiny cell known by the name Bin Prayin is actually the only effective counter terrorism force in the church. Unlike other terrorist cells, the Bin Prayin team does not blend in with whoever and whatever comes along.
Bin Prayin does whatever is needed to uplift and encourage the Body of Christ. We have noticed that the Bin Prayin cell group has different characteristics than the others. They have Bin Watchin, Bin Waitin, Bin Fastin, and Bin Longin for their Master, Jesus Christ to return.
NO CHURCH IS EXEMPT!
(However, you can spot them if you bin lookin and bin goin.)

We've got to keep our actions in check, especially those of us who lead worship i.e. choir members, choir director, the pastor, staff, all of us really. We are shining lights to the souls who drag themselves through the door on Sunday morning hurting, and lost. Matthew 6:14-16 "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
Keep Worshiping my brotha's and my sista's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe