A Prayer for Courage




"Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart..."
-Psalm 27:14

Courage means to have the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery. To have the courage of one's convictions, to act in accordance with one's beliefs, especially in spite of criticism. We all have challenges and obstacles in our path, things that effect our everyday lives.
I am so encouraged by this psalm of David. We are encouraged to wait on the Lord, don't walk ahead of Him, or piddle behind Him, walk right beside Him. He's taking you His way, a way that he believes will benefit you. Be brave, fight the battles look who you have walking beside you (Jesus, if you forgot). If we do this God promises that He WILL strengthen our hearts.

So this has been my prayer lately for courage:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I recognize that this mountain you have in my path right now is preparing me for something you want for my life. Right now it looks like a dead end, but I know you see a door way of opportunities. Help me to see this mountain through your eyes and your truth. I don't want to miss the blessings you have for me. Give me the courage, Lord, to stay with you in my Mind, my heart, and where you have me right now. Even though I might not see it, I know you are still moving, and working. Thank you that for every mountain there is Victory in you. Until that Victory help me to wait on you, you time isn't mine. I ask all this in your name, Jesus.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe