In Loving Memory

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
-Job 19:25-27




Today I lost my sweet friend, Linda to cancer. As I have been expecting her passing to occur, I didn't realize it would be so quick. My heart has grieved for my friend.
She was such a strong Christian woman. A woman who poured so much into others lives even when she was so sick. Sometimes it hurts to love. But I believe thats the greatest kind of love to have. It becomes a true love.
These past few days I have recalled memories I have had with Linda. Remembering all the words she spoke to me. What a woman of faith and that God allowed me to know and love her. What a blessing. Though I miss her already, it's not goodbye, rather it's "see in you in a little while." For we have a Hope, a Savior who has overcome the world. Linda is in the arms of our King, in the presence of Jehovah Raffa, our healer. My mind cannot fathom all that my dear friend is experiencing right now in Heaven, I can tell you it's better than what she just went through here on Earth. I can see her holding the hand of the One who loved her more than anyone ever had, reuniting with loved ones who have passed on before her. She received many crowns I know, but I also know she laid them right back at Jesus' feet. She loves Jesus, and to think she finally got to meet Him face to face. Wow!!
Again, I am reminded of just how precious life is. I cannot say it enough. Life is but a vapor, or like the dew on the grass in the morning. We're here for a short time then we are gone. How we live and present our lives matter. We aren't put on Earth, as believers to grow accustomed the ways on this world. Once we accept Christ as our Savior our eternal life starts. We are no longer living for this world, but are living for Jesus. In the meantime we are to be Jesus in an earth suit. We need to always be ready for Him calling us home. Our days are numbered, nothing in life is for sure.
There things I wanted to tell Linda, however all in all, I have no regrets. In these last days she had I loved her just as much as I always have. What a precious life to celebrate.

In the picture below was our last meal together with her. The ladies in the picture are ladies I hang out with. Yeah, don't make fun of me, you have no idea what you are missing when you are with these women. They absolutely crack me up, especially Linda. God was there that night, we sang Victory in Jesus and that song will always have a new meaning in our lives when we sing it. There certainly is Victory in Jesus. Linda is seated.

The King of Love My Shepherd Is


The King of love my shepherd is, whose goodness faileth never.
I nothing lack if I am his, and he is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow, my ransomed soul he leadeth;
and where the verdant pastures grow, with food celestial feedeth.

Perverse and foolish, oft I strayed, but yet in love he sought me;
and on his shoulder gently laid, and home, rejoicing, brought me.

In death's dark vale I fear no ill, with thee, dear Lord, beside me;
thy rod and staff my comfort still, thy cross before to guide me.

Thou spreadst a table in my sight; thy unction grace bestoweth;
and oh, what transport of delight from thy pure chalice floweth!

And so through all the length of days, thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise within thy house forever.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe