Peace, Love, and Harmony

These three things can be accomplished with the Holy Spirit dwelling in you. Sometimes it's hard to do these three things, or be these things. It would have to take a Jesus kind of love to love some people....sometimes I'm hard to love or be at peace with.
I've learned some valuable lessons this week, and I'm so thankful for the wise women God has placed in my life. I'm thankful for what they teach me, and how they lead me in the right direction. How they pray for me, and love me when I'm hard to love. For the encouraging words they speak into my life.
This past week was a challenge. Satan attacked BIG time. I won't go into detail because it really doesn't matter. What matters is what I learned and how I felt such peace such a nearness to God. I'd just like to take you through scripture to where you can learn through the Holy Spirit how to be at peace, love, and harmony when Satan attacks. Remember that God puts us through the fire to test our faith and how true our lives are in Him. We'll go deeper into that later.

"Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." -Romans 12:9-10

"Live in harmony with each other." Romans 12:16

"May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other-each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other."
-Romans 15:5

"Let there be real harmony so there won't be divisions in the church."
-1 Corinthians 1:10

"There are three things that will endure- faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13

"For I want to use the authority the Lord has given me to build you up, not to tear down. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you." -2 Corinthians 13:10-11

"And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace."
-Colossians 3:14-15

"Greet all the brothers and sisters in Christian love." -1 Thessalonians 5:26

"All of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it. Work hard a living at peace with others." -1 Peter 3:8-12

"We love each other as a result of his first loving us." -1 John 4:19


When our lives line up with the Bible, and we fill our lives with it's words, it comes out of us towards people. It comes out through our actions, through our words especially. However the saying is actions speak louder than words. Words hurt though. Forget about the sticks and stones, I think I could recover from a beating. So many times Christians aren't in the word and they become vulnerable to allowing Satan to use them. When our lives aren't full of the word of God, it gives room for Satan to squeeze in. Not a good thing. I never want to be known as hurting another Christian, or criticize my pastor.
It doesn't matter how many times you read it, how much you memorize, there is always something new to learn from God's word. The cool thing is, while we think we're reading it, it's actually reading us. Pointing out, and convicting us of things that are not lining up with Jesus, see Romans 5:12-21. In this of scripture I have to colors of highlighters and everything Adam did I highlighted blue, then when I says, "but" this is what Jesus did I highlighted that pink.

My prayer has always been that God will bind us together with chords that cannot be broken. That he would fill us so deeply with his love that we may love like him. I pray everyday the verses found in Ephesians 3:14-19, this is the foundation for Koinoina in the church. http://allisonsmusiccorner.blogspot.com/2010/03/love-is-all-you-need.html

"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe