The Fruits of the Spirit

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"
-Galatians 5:22-23

This post can kind of play on our little series about prayer, but essentially this will fall into that category.
In the context of Luke 11, Jesus is teaching about prayer. Many times when we ask for things in our lives, God will give us the Spirit. We sometimes miss that in our lives, we keep looking for the way we expect God to answer only to later give up and say He didn't answer. To which then I would say you really weren't that desperate for Him to show up in your life.
God gives the Holy Spirit. When we are going through a tragic situation, it might be the loss of a loved one, finding out you have cancer...etc. when we cry out to our Father, He will give us the Spirit who is the Comforter.
“If you love me, obey[a] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,[b] who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.[c] 18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. 19 Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live." John 14:15-19
Right now in my life, I've had to make a lot of decisions. Some decisions right now are huge, some not so huge. I need help in making the right decision, I need guidance. So when I ask God for discernment and guidance in my life, He doesn't give me guidance, He sends, or gives me The Holy Spirit who is my Guide. The Holy Spirit that lives within me, not telling me what to decision to make but will enable me to make the right choice. "13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future." John 16:13
God gives us the Spirit of power, the Spirit of wisdom, love, joy, peace,faithfulness, the list can go on and on. What's more is God delights in giving us himself. We are His children. Going back to Luke 11, that is what Jesus was teaching in the first 13 verses. All we have to do is ask and look for Him to answer and be desperate for Him to reveal His power in our lives. We are nothing apart from Him. We have to die to ourselves.
The resources of Heaven are ready and waiting for the people of God to ask, and let the glory of God shine so awesomely and brightly in this world. His presence is alive in us, His purposes can be accomplished through us....we just have to want to see His power at work.

Lord help us come to the end of ourselves and begin with you in your power! Father, that we would be desperate for you. Thank you for using us, thank you for answering our prayers always, there is not one prayer that we have prayed that you have not answered. Help us give you all the glory and fame. We are nothing apart from you. We love you, Jesus. In your name.
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe