A Jesus Revelation

At 6:00 this AM, I had a Jesus revelation. Do you ever have those? I have them very often, just some like this mornings speaks volumes. I wanted to share because chances are it will bless you too.
Most of my adult life which is the span of 3 years, (that's a long time when you consider all I've learned) I have always felt like I'm not good enough. I'll never be as good as this person, I have pretty much played the comparing game. I've been sure that if I really come to be like this person then God will really use me. Not the case. I'll admit I'm not the best singer, the best guitar player, the best writer, the best anything. But that's okay, because in the things I do, God get's glory, not Allison. God uses unlikely people to do his work, people you would have never thought could do something that they just did. I am more convinced everyday that it's not how good you are that makes God choose you, it's how humble you are before an Almighty God, and that you allow Him to work through you.
I played with a band called "Work in Progress" all around the Pender and New Hanover County mainly we took a few road trips. God used Work in Progress to reach thousands of people. We weren't that good. You had a guitar player (me) who got lost in reading the music, choked on her spit, and started singing flat and stayed flat sometimes in singing. I can tell you hundreds of flaws about the band. But God blessed us and used us because we knew our place before Him, and we gave Him all the glory in what we did.
We make things so complex in church today. Only the best singers, only the best dressed, only the most polite, only the best tithers. The best is what I'm emphasizing here. Sometimes God can't use the best. He can use a drug addict. Drug addicts are desperate for something apart from drugs, the drugs just make it feel better for a little bit.
God gives us the Holy Spirit as we established in my last post. Is the Holy Spirit in our churches? Sometimes we get caught up in all the sounds sights and people we tend to not stop and look and feel the Holy Spirit. God gives His power to unlikely people. Take for example Peter as he preached in Acts and as God was building His church. Peter, the disciple who denied Christ but God's power was given to him.
Maybe our lives need to simply come down to God and the Word, where He can begin to mold and craft us. Be like the people in Nehemiah 8 where they studied the scripture all day and celebrated and rejoiced together for what God is doing and had done and is yet to do.
We've made church and Jesus about us. How does it make me feel? Do they have enough activities for my kids? Are the pews comfortable? Is the lighting to where I can see? The questions should be, Is the Holy Spirit present? Is the Word of God opened? Is the Word of God being taught?
Don't underestimate the power of God and who He will give it to. It might be you. Don't underestimate yourself or try to be like someone else thinking they are better than you. God made unique you. Your relationship to Him is unique. He can use us all. Talent or no talent, whether your beautiful or ugly, it doesn't matter. You are a child of the King, and He is ready to do great things in your life, and in the lives of others through you.

Comments

  1. Those ARE the people he uses! Those that have TRULY seen HIM in their deepest pits! I KNOW I have!! Glory!!


    Radical...amazing book, isn't it!!! :)

    Lots of love from a sister in Christ!
    Marlana Mullis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe