The Sheep Song!



"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand."
-Psalm 95:6-7

The past few Sunday nights at my church, First Baptist Church Indian Trail, Ron Lynch has been preaching on the 23rd Psalm. You know that Psalm we read at funerals all the time. There is so much more depth to this passage than I have ever seen in Studying it. I wasn't thinking about it simply enough. The 23rd Psalm is exactly how it reads, it is the relationship between and Shepherd and His sheep. We are the sheep!! I love being a Jesus sheep! If you research how shepherd took care of their sheep back in the Bible day you will see that's how Jesus is to us. He takes care of us, he guides us, he heals us. It's such a beautiful picture portrayed, and it touches my heart to know my Savior loves me that deeply. I tend to just base his love for me as He died for me. But His love and care runs so much deeper, and I'm not trying to minimize His dying for me, wow! That's huge in itself. He also rose that I might have life and conquor death. But He just isn't sitting up in heaven looking down on us wishing us luck for the day, "Can't wait till you get here!" He has given us himself, and he is so in love with us. It's so hard to fathom. We spend years chasing things in this world that we think will make us feel loved. But everything this world offers is temporary. The kind of love our souls crave is lasting, eternal. And only God can fill up our hearts with that kind of love. The sad thing about chasing love outside the will of God is it invites so much into our lives that is the exact opposite of love. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 is a picture of God’s perfect love. It is patient. It is kind. It does not envy… it is not self-seeking… it does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth… it always protects… it always perseveres. Love never fails. Our souls are desgined to be filled with God's love. That's why we have to keep filling ourselves with Him. Let the Shepherd take care of you, He's been taking good care of me....not to say I've not been hurt lately, because I'm a stupid sheep we get cut up and fall in ditches along the way, but my Shepherd cleans me up and soothes those hurts and wounds...we just have to let Him. The Word will heal us. Wow!
Have a good day fellow sheep! Baaahhh!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe