Be Thou My Vision


 Be Thou My Vision .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word; I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord; Thou my great Father, I Thy true son; Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Slane, of Ir­ish folk or­i­gin. Slane Hill is ten miles from Ta­ra in Coun­ty Meath. It was on Slane Hill around 433 AD that St. Pat­rick de­fied a roy­al edict by light­ing
can­dles on East­er Eve. High King Lo­gaire of Ta­ra had de­creed that no one could light a fire be­fore Lo­gaire be­gan the pa­gan spring fes­ti­val by light­ing a fire on Ta­ra Hill. Lo­gaire was so im­pressed by Pat­rick’s de­vo­tion that, de­spite his de­fi­ance (or per­haps be­cause of it­), he let him con­tin­ue his mis­sion­ary work. Patrick would go on to convert 100,000 people and establish 2,000 churches.
St. Patrick, was born, Maewyn Succat. Kidnapped from the British mainland around age 16, he was taken to Ireland as a slave. It was there that he gave his life to the Lord. He later wrote, "The Lord opened my mind to an awareness of my unbelief, in order that I might remember my transgressions and turn with all my heart to the Lord my God." He lived in the mountains as a shepherd, his faith grew in captivity and he spent his time in prayer. After 6 years, he had a dream to return to Britain, so he escaped and managed to return to his family.
Patrick had a immense desire to return to Ireland as a missionary and studied to be a priest. In 432 upon the death of Pallidius, the first Bishop of Ireland, Pope Celestine consecrated him as a Bishop and gave him the name "Patricius".
At the age of 30, Patrick returned to Ireland with only one book the Latin Bible, and 25 followers. He made his base in County Armagh. He made extensive, successful missionary journeys through all of Ireland, spending his time preaching, teaching, building churches, opening schools, monasteries and converting the Irish people.
The Shamrock, which is found all over Ireland, was used by St. Patrick as an example of explaining THE TRINITY. How 3 different things can be triune.

Be Thou My Vision is one of our oldest and most moving hymns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe