Gay and a Christian

So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. -Romans 1:24-27

This post will offend many, it will offend even Christians. But, these words are not my words, these judgements are not my judgements. It is the Word of God, which is alive and active separating the truth from evil.
Can you be Gay and Christian? Yes, possibly. However, if you really knew the Word you would know this is offensive to God. He did not make you gay. He doesn't contradict himself; He cannot say in His Word that he created a man for a woman and a woman for a man, then make someone want their same sex. It just doesn't add up plain and simple. If you are really a new creation, as it says in Galatians 5:24-25 "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." We have been crucified, we died to the old self, and a new Spirit filled life was given to us. Can the Spirit allow you to be gay? No, because there again it would be contradictory to what the scriptures say. Look at Ephesians 5:3 "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people." Is being gay a hint of sexual immorality? Yes. Does God still love the homosexual? YES! Absolutely. Being gay is a sin, but before we are quick to judge we must remember that it is no worse than all other sin. It's all forgivable through Jesus, there is still hope, and there is still grace. Can someone break free from the homosexual life? Yes. Only through true repentance, and sorrow for their actions. But the chance won't always be there to repent. Every time you turn Him away and refuse, it gets easier to do the next time. God won't give up easy on you for sure, but as we read above in the passage of scripture, that He did eventually abandon them to their "shameful acts."
I recently read on a website about being gay and a Christian and it broke my heart the responses and comments I saw on this page. Not once did someone stand up for the truth that I have just shared with you. Not once did a "Christian" say, I'm not here to judge you, but this is what I've read in my Bible about being immoral in sexual behavior.
I'm friends with some gay people, they are just a sweet and awesome to be around. Do I agree with their lifestyle, and accept it? No. Do I condemn them to Hell, and cast stones? No! Jesus let Him who has no fault in himself cast the first stone, I'll be the first to drop my stone. I'm not any better. I have my own set of troubles. I would never stand in protest against it. I would never call them demon possessed. I would never do anything hateful. I wouldn't even feel sorry for them. That's just as bad. I'd do what Jesus did in His ministry here on Earth. Read Matthew and find out for yourself. ;)
We have to stay planted in the Word, committing it to memory. Build our lives on the Solid Rock! "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!" I would never want my sisters in Christ who I talk to on a daily basis, and who hold me accountable to accept sin in my life or say it's okay "God made you that way." As my grandma Nell says, "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!" If it looks like sin, and sounds like sin, it's sin.

Comments

  1. Irony..you wrote this the same week one of our Lillies outwardly professed she was laying homosexuality down at the cross.


    Interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe