I'm Reaping the Harvest

"Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith."
-Galatians 6:8-10

Lately I feel like I am reaping blessing. The Lord just continues to blow me away, and it's like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. The past 8 or 9 years of my life have been so hard, so toilsome, just fighting and barely hanging on. I've had victories in my life along the way, I've experienced happiness and good things, but nothing compared to the SHOWERS of blessing God is pouring out right now in my life, and I'm overwhelmed and am moved to tears.
The song Hezekiah Walker sings, "Faithful is our God" has been my jam for the last few years and I have held on to the hope that I will reap the harvest God promised me, and take back what the devil stole from me. Today I can say I am reaping exactly what Paul is talking about in Galatians; reaping what we sow. I've had to reap heartache for poor choices I have made in my life. But even in heartache I couldn't give up! I couldn't get discouraged! The devil has stolen so much from me, but one thing he can't steal is my eternal life in Jesus Christ my Savior! He can't steal my Victory in Jesus. No power of Hell can ever pluck me from His hand!
I think it's apart of what "taking up our cross and following Jesus" is all about. Our cross is not easy, it wasn't easy for Jesus. Sometimes we just have to suffer before the reward comes. I think of my hero, Job, and all he withstood. In the end he reaped a harvest of blessing. Really any story you look at in the Bible will show at the end a harvest of blessing was reaped.
Have you been reaping harvest in your life? I hope so.

"Faithful, Faithful is our God! I'm reaping the harvest God promised me, take back what the devil stole from me, and I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe