Keep Your Eyes on Jesus

"Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, "Master, save me!" -Matthew 14:29-30

Keep your eyes on Jesus, I tell my kids that all the time. My student worship kids, kids I teach, anyone I can tell it to, I tell them, "Keep your eyes on Jesus." We see Peter was walking on water until he took his eyes off Jesus and focused on the things around him. When he did that, he sank! In our lives we need to learn to seek God more than things. Hannah in the Bible had to learn this. Her story can be found in 1 Samuel 1. She wanted a son so badly, that's what she was fixed on. But it wasn't until Hannah prayed and told God, if you give me a son, I'll give him back to you. God honored her prayer, and how she sought Him as her Lord first that He gave her a son, Samuel. You see, when we seek the Kings heart, and keep our eyes on Him, somethings don't matter anymore, and the things that do matter, He will honor and reward you for honoring Him. Things can trip us up when we take our eyes off of Jesus. We become consumed with what we may want, and forget we serve a Father who wants to give us so much in life, but we do not ask or look to Him to give it to us. It's easy to do. I catch myself doing this a lot, especially in needing a job, and things like that. Who better to ask, seek after than God? It's that what it says in Matthew? "So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." -Matthew 6:31-33
However, as my friend and I were talking, the same friend from my "Audacious Faith" post; we are required to take action. When I say ask God for things, that doesn't mean sit locked up in a room and wait for Him to lay it in front of you, He is capable of that, but faith requires action. Prayer requires action. If we pray for rain, what is it we are going to grab on the way out the door? AN UMBRELLA! We pray for a job, but we have to fill out applications in order for people to know we need a job. We are a team with God, we do our part and he will do His part.
Be blessed. Watching and waiting for His return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe