Support Group


One of my weak points is being overly emotional, and blowing things out of proportion, and I give up. I have frequent anxiety attacks at times, and I can be really messed up in controlling my emotions. This is not all the time, just every once in a while. So because of these factors in my life I have found it effective to form a support group of people who I check in with and talk to often. These people help me see perspective, and help get my thinking back in proportion, they encourage me, and don't allow me to slack off. They hold me accountable to things. I go to them for advise, and guidance; It is wise, I believe, to allow only a few people speak into your life. I use my own discernment, but also like another opinion.
These people challenge me, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. They help me when I've run out of gas, or locked my keys in the car. I'm truly thankful for not only the help they willingly give me, but I'm thankful for their influence, and how they keep me leveled out and reasonable. I don't know where I would be without these people. I love each of them, and are thankful for their presence in my life.
I think we all need support groups, all of us have times when we need a support group. They don't need to be huge. I have 5 main people I go to consistently. I try to check in with at least one of them a day. It's what works for me personally. So far they haven't had to bail me out of jail....hahaha!!! They would probably leave me there for my own good.
So here's a shout out to my support group! S H O U T!!!!! Thank you for helping me. You're the best! And so loved and appreciated. They keep loving me in the times I hate myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe