Jesus is Comfort


"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort."
2 Corinthians 1:3

Yesterday I drove my grandma a nursing home in Monroe to see her friend from church that had recently gone into the nursing home. It's a real joy to be in the presence of older people and hear them talk about the Lord. For so many years I was under the impression that all old people knew Jesus and were saved. But that is not the case, my eyes were opened to this truth when I was on a mission trip to Detroit, MI in 2008. We did a concert at a nursing home and several people accepted Jesus as their Savior that day. It blew my mind! Yesterday as my grandma and I were sitting in her friends room, her friend said "I love Jesus so much, but I just wish I could see so I could read my Bible. I can't see, I love God's Word." So my grandma volunteered me to read some scripture. So I did. Of course this ladies Bible was the KJV and version I have never been able to read or understand, so I stumbled on words and had a hard time somewhat. They both loved it though, and as I mentioned in a previous post, it is my prayer that God would continue to use me a vessel being poured out till there is nothing left. She was so comforted by God's word. Even elderly people need comfort still. How many times do you turn to God's word for comfort? Let the elderly teach you. I would encourage you to seek out an older person and read some scripture to them, both of you will get a blessing out of it.

Isaiah 46:4 (NIV) “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

Proverbs 16:31 (NIV) “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous
life.”

Leviticus 19:32 “Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly.”

Job 32:7 “Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom.”

Isaiah 46:3b-4a LB I have created you and cared for you since you were born. I will be your God through all your lifetime, Yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you.”

Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

Deut. 32:7a Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations.

Psalms 92:14a they shall still bring forth fruit in old age

Psalms 71:9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength
faileth.

Psalms 7l:17-18 Oh God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I
declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake
me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
NIV Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your
marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.

Job 12:12 (NASB) Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding.”

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister,
and to give his life a ransom for many.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe