Truth Relearned

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." -John 8:32

'You don't realize how much you miss the truth until it is presented to you again, and it penetrates your heart." These are the words I uttered today as I left church this morning. Where do I begin? Satan has absolutely attacked me all week from all sides. I feel like I've been through a war zone. But honestly, I feel like that is one of things we should be okay with, as long as He is attacking us, we are doing something he doesn't like. So if Satan hasn't attacked you in a while start worrying. Satan was going to make sure I didn't come to church this morning. People laugh when I say it's an accomplishment that I made it to church, but they do not realize how many sleepless nights I endure fighting Satan, and how many Sunday mornings too. Of all morning this morning my hair would not do right, my callic in my hair would not lay down of all days, it would be on Sunday. However, I was so excited to be going to church this morning worshiping with my family that 100 reasons couldn't keep me from going. I would show up in my night clothes if it came to it. There is nothing like your church family. I'm thankful for them, and it was such a blessing to worship the Lord again with them today. There is nothing like God's truth and power being preached to a dry and thirsty soul as mine has been.
Oh if I could explain and describe the joy and happiness that overflowed in me today. The happiness to be home. I go to an incredible Sunday School teacher, and class. I sing in an incredible choir, it's the sound of Heaven. I have a pastor who loves his church, who intermingles with his people and leads them to the truth. I serve a God who loves me, who is truth, He is everything. When we seek Him, we find Him. He is our Savior.
Seek Him today. Learn His ways. Learn His voice. Learn His discipline. Learn His love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe