Southern as the Lord Made Me

One of my most favorite and treasured memories is when we lived in Burgaw. We had a front porch with rocking chairs and a swing, my mom always wished for a porch with rocking chairs, and she got her wish for four years. I personally enjoyed spending time out there rocking, watching cars go by and look at the big open sky that hoovered over an open corn field. I remember every morning I would get up, pour a glass of tea, especially in the spring and summer, and meet with Jesus doing my devotions, talking to Him before the day started. At night I would go out there and listen to the crickets chirping, and the frogs croak, the leaves rustle in the wind; just listen to nature’s music. I would close my eyes and relax talking to God praising him for his marvelous workmanship, and his love for me, and how he has taken care of everything in my life. I would rock myself to sleep some nights, resting in the joy of who Jesus is to me. Creation has always inspired me to write. There was nothing better than the the most beautiful sunset’s right in our back yard over an open field in Burgaw. It would take my breath away. I would just imagine God painting it, looking on it with love, and I would say to myself, “He painted that for me,” and he did paint that for me and for you too. God’s love and character is revealed in all of creation. "The heavens reveal his glory, the sky reveals his craftsmanship." The things in this earth reveal the majesty of his name. Creation is full of variety, revealing the rich creativity, goodness, and wisdom of our loving God. I miss porch swing days, living in that sweet country home in the middle of a corn field. You might be able to take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe