He Who Has an Ear.....

“Commit yourself to instruction; attune your ears to hear words of knowledge.”
-Proverbs 23:12

I believe a whole dissertation could be written on this verse. When we commit ourselves to something the first thing that comes to my mind is marriage. Being married to instruction is a good thing, it will guide our lives, and keep us out of trouble. We will do more of what is right. I am reminded of the 7 letters to the churches that Jesus told John to write in his Revelation. To each church Jesus had instructions, pointing out where they were falling short and needed to fix ASAP! At the end of each letter Jesus closes saying, “Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches.” (Revelation 2:7; 2:11; 2:17; 2:29; 3:6; 3:13; 3:22) Basically, Jesus is telling us that if we listen 2 things will happen. One, we will hear the Spirit speaking, and two, we will understand what He is saying.
The scripture truth is that criticism can help us…tough love. I have learned this through the relationships God has given me. The truth is just as it’s written. Be married to instruction, turn your ears on, and be wise! Choose to do these things. Criticism doesn’t mean you’re hated, the right kind of criticism is done in love. When those who are closely in my life see I need correction they tell me they love me first and then correct me.
There are times I do love my rebellious spirit, I just told someone that not long ago. But, there are also times that I curse it. However, rebellion doesn’t equal in being married, or one with instruction, and my ears are turned off, and are now inwardly listening to my desires. I am truly, so blessed beyond words to have people in my life who do love me enough to instruct me. I have a choice to accept and listen, so I may grow in knowledge, and obedience, or to reject it and ultimately in the end reject what God wants for me to do.

Father, the entire book of the Bible is our instruction manual. Every single page, chapter, and verse is from your mouth, and I pray, Father that each and every day I would find myself in it and applying your Words to my life. Thank you for the gift of Your Word that teaches me. Thank you for the gift of the loved ones you have placed in my life to teach me. Help me to listen to them and obey what they have instructed me to do. You have spoken so deeply to me this morning through this one verse and I thank you so much for the passion building inside of me over it. Your Word thrills my heart. Be with me today, I need you all the time. I love you, Father. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe