Time is Ticking Away!

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. If you wait for perfect conditions you will never get anything done! Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands, for this is the duty of every person. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad." -Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11:4, 12:13-14

As many of you know I am going into full time ministry. I started the application, and paperwork process of applying to Southeastern Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina. They do want to know A LOT about you, and that's good, I want them to know about me too. I was convicted in a sense of when I was asked how much time a week I spend doing certain things. When I mapped it all out, I was came to realize I wasn't doing so hot in some areas, and other areas I was like does all day count?
This is falling into the doctrine of Stewardship. Am I being a good steward of the time God is giving me, and I using the 24 hours a day He has given me to honor and glorify Him?
I want to share with you the different areas they questioned me on, and I was to challenge you as a fellow brother or sister in the Lord to test yourself in these areas? Do you find yourself convicted of not doing some of these things as much? We are works in progress, Philippians 1:6 says. It's never too late to repent and keep trucking down the road. As my spiritual mentor and friend tells me often, "Don't get depressed if you are failing in some areas, ask God to help you. Repent of what you need to repent and keep going." I am overcoming A LOT of self destructive behaviors, for this I am thankful it makes me much more productive in life, and makes me a better steward of what God is giving me, such as time. Don't let it tick away while you are under your own wrath and guilt and shame. Romans 8 states that "There is now no condemnation for those who belong to Christ, there is freedom!"

In one week there is 168 hours. How many hours a week do you spend doing the following?

Prayer


Devotion


Church Activities


Other Reading


Bible Study


Witnessing


Academic Reading


TV/Internet



I was spending the most time on the internet and in front of the TV, I've made it one of my goals to spend more time in prayer, devotion, and witnessing. There is nothing but trash on these glowing boxes we stare at. It's one of the things I LOVE about mission trips. We have no access to the TV, or a computer. It's nice. We're about the Lord's work, no time for reading weird stuff or watching depressing news.
Make a plan set a goal, time is ticking away!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe