On Eagles Wings

The other day my brother and I went to see The Hobbit. We have The Lord of the Ring trilogy, and have had many marathons in watching it from mission trips to just hanging out at home. I love how there is a picture of good and evil and the parallels it has with Jesus and His Kingdom. I got overly excited toward the end of the movie as in all of The Lord of the Ring movies when the Eagles come in to rescue the little hobbits and dwarfs. I love it! I clapped, and said Praise the Lord! When the battle raged and they were surrounded by the enemy, when there was no way out, and the flame was about to engulf them the eagles came and flew high above the storm to the safety of the highest rock. David proclaimed in Psalm:
My heart was so filled in that moment to think back on all the scripture how my Savior and Rescuer will hide me under His wings, how He will protect me, how He will hide me in the cleft of the rock and cover me with His hand. I started singing, "I Will Rise"
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

The eagle is a picture of the care and tenderness of God, it is the swiftness, and majesty. The eagle makes it's home high on the rock so predators can be easily spotted. Find rest and peace in Him today. In Him we find hope, which becomes an anchor. A hope that is saving, living, secure, patient, glorious, abounding, blessed, joyful, and purifying. Mount up, and soar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe