What if God's People Praised?

Sunday morning as I sat and thought, the thought of the thousands of churches meeting crossed my mind. I thought of the thousands of voices that would be lifted up to the throne room of God. I considered all the notes, and music, and songs. The message that would be preached. The many tears that would be shed. How many would take communion and remember His sacrifice? The many prayers that would be lifted up. Then I stopped, and I asked one question. What if everyday was Sunday?
No doubt I believe Sunday is a special day. It is the Lord's day set apart. But I wondered how quiet heaven must be on Monday. We have all gone back to our respective schedules. Not many songs are sung. Not many prayers to be prayed. Many will not touch their Bible, or seek to be challenged by another verse. How sad. And so I thought even further. How much is even reaching heaven in the first place? Is Heaven as loud with our praise as I imagine? If we are not worshiping Monday-Saturday why would Sunday matter? Our hearts are not prepared. Our Worship is farce. He does not hear.
In the midst of life's demands where is Jesus? It's possible to lose focus on our relationship with Him even though He promises to be with us. Is He the one you seek Monday-Saturday? Are you attuned to His presence?
What if God's people praised Him? What if we treated everyday like Sunday? How different life would be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe