I'm a Piece of Firewood


To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory." -Isaiah 61:3

All day today I was in a conference learning how to teach Students. The conference was hosted by Lifeway, and we were challenged in how we do ministry, how to engage students, and better serve and lead, basically. Towards the end, one of the things that really spoke to me was a little exercise where we went outside and sought out an object that we felt best described our life in Christ right now. We had about 15 minutes to complete the task and as I walked around looking around, I was reflecting and allowing the Lord to show me myself, and what item best suited. I came across a lid, am I screwed up? Of course, but that wasn't it...on I walked. A leaf? A blade of grass? Firewood...I stood for a moment, and stared at it, it felt right. But on I walked, to think about it, and to see if anything else might be better. No, that was it, a piece of firewood. I picked it up...yeah...I'm a piece of firewood. In I walked, I think I had the largest item.

God showed me many things in this piece of firewood. He is still carving me out to be something valuable, and beautiful. At times I'm thrown in the fire, and need to catch onto the fire of the Holy Spirit. I am burned down to ash. My friend reminded me that it too is beauty, He gives beauty for ashes. This piece of firewood was a huge tree, and it make me think of my last post, about being planted by the streams of living water.

Why don't you take a walk outside and let God show you glimpses through His Creation where you are right now with Christ. What best can represent it?

May God bless you as you seek Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe