More Beautiful than Nature

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.
In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven,
And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

-Psalm 19

Do you hear that? Listen. A song. His song. He sings over you, did you know that? The Creator sings over His creation, and we sing back to Him. How comforting is that? Like a mother singing over her child.
My eyes have beheld much of His vast creation since moving to Portland this past summer. I've seen things I never imagined I would ever see. Waterfalls, oceans, rocks, snow capped peaks, mountain ranges...it's incredible. But I find myself longing to see the meek and humble. I pray that God would open my eyes to things people don't see. I've found myself wondering things when I am at these places that reveal my Father's creation. Things such as: What moves a person to reach for their camera when they see such beauty? Do our hearts truly seek God and we not even know it? Do the people surrounding me know the Creator of all of this like I know Him? Do they know there is a Creator? Do they know His name? Have they heard? Most of all, Do they know they are more beautiful to Him than what their eyes behold? This is a truth God spoke over me not long ago. I have always been so taken with creation, and rightfully so. It is apart of special revelation, a gift God gave to reveal Himself. Often times, however, we get to caught up in what fills our eyes, and not in the Who behind it all, and not filling our hearts with Him. We worship creation before Creator. Creation is gift from the Creator. The ultimate creation is humans. My breath was taken away on a clear day a few weeks ago revealing the majestic Mount Hood, I whispered, "Wow." Normally God lets me have my moment, but this time He spoke. He said, "You know you are as beautiful to me as Mt. Hood is to you. You take my breath away." WOW! Seriously. Most days I can hardly stand myself, and I take God's breath away, in all His perfection...really?! Yeah! And you do too! You know why? Because we were made in His image. We are more valuable to Him than anything in this World. If there were ever a message Portland needed to hear, it is that. To know how precious they are to Jesus, that He gave His life for them...personally. Jesus didn't die for the trees. He died for the ones who are made in His very image! While it's impressive how great stewards Portlanders are in taking care of creation, I pray we don't loose sight of life, and the relationship that comes from knowing the Creator. That He isn't a God who recycles and gives, but a God who gives new, and gives it abundantly...specially made uniquely just for you.
I don't get it. You won't get it either, but don't let it stop you from embracing the love He has for you, or from hearing the song He is singing over you. Sing it back to Him.
If there were ever a city that needed Jesus, it's Portland. But if there were ever a city that Has seen His glory, it's Portland. Romans 1 clearly lays out this truth:
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
I was at Rocky Butte today, and I stood at this magnificent point overlooking the city and found myself praying for hours. Praying that God would open their eyes, that when people reach for their camera to capture what their eyes behold, that their hearts would open and capture Christ who was with God in the beginning Creating, and who still creates. They are without excuse. What moves a person to acknowledge the beauty of creation? It is Jesus. He is written on our Hearts and on our Conscience, we innately are drawn to Him, and He is drawn to us.
Worship Him. That's how we live above the sun. When we fill our heart with the Creator. Being "one" with nature is futile, it's doesn't fill or renew us. But Jesus does. God bless you as you seek Him.

)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe