Sam Jones and The Ryman Auditorium

 


"I rather like the expression of that good old woman who cried out: "Oh, Lord, if you will only save me in this world, you shall never hear the last of it in the next."" -Sam Jones

In my time in Nashville, Tennessee I had the opportunity to walk through Ryman Auditorium.  I loved every inch of that building and took it all in.



I love this sign that says, "All are Welcome."  This is affectionately known for being the "mother church."  A shared stage for all artists and communicators, but built first as a church called Union Gospel Tabernacle.  Ryman, who was a riverboat captain, built the building after his glorious salvation upon hearing Sam Jones preach a revival.  Ryman wanted Sam Jones and other evangelist who came through town to have a place to preach the gospel.  What unites us in this auditorium?  Music and singing.  A great love to convey something felt in the heart.  It is powerful that it's built upon the gospel, and no matter what lyric may be raised, the pews, stained glass windows, and hard wood floors speak for themselves.





My favorite country artist since I was a little girl, Alan Jackson did a hymn sing and released an album called Precious Memories in 2006 at The Ryman. That hat and jacket he is wearing is on display there, and I did drool over it a bit.  


Next time you are in Nashville, go visit Ryman Auditorium! 


***I took all pictures attached in this post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe