My Everything

 


I recently read an interesting quote, "The enemy thought he had taken "everything" from Job.  But Job's everything was God."  I've been pondering on this.  If your week has been anything like mine everything seems to have gone wrong.  All the rain and storms has brought flooding, knocked out power and puts us in gloomy moods.  The gloominess can dim our view of perspective and cheerfulness.  I sat down this morning and made a list of things that have gotten to me this week taking into thought this quote that my everything is God.  It looked a little like this:

My everything isn't my car.

My everything isn't my health or my weight.

My everything isn't technology, or social media, or WiFi.

My everything isn't lack of having a spouse or children.

My everything isn't whether people like me.

Job's words were "I know my Redeemer lives, though my flesh be destroyed, I will see Him in my flesh."  Nothing in life can happen to us that God isn't there to face it with us.  Nothing happens to us that didn't go through God's hands first.  There isn't anything that can take us from a future of Hope and Life with God.  This is all temporary down here.  It's so easy to forget.  I got my reminder this morning to "suffer beautifully."  All these things that tend to become our everything in our minds can identify what we are worshiping instead of God.  God is everything.


Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is He
Sing a new song to Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat


Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe