The Bible in 90 Days: Week Two

I don't know if anyone is reading with me, or if I'm just talking to myself when I'm encouraging you. Either way, reading through the Bible so far has brought a lot of different emotions. Adam and Eve blew it. The entire struggle of humankind derives from the fact that the first couple couldn't keep away from a piece of fruit! But we all have blown it at one point or another. What was the value of that experience?
One difference between God and us is the He does know who His children will be. Yet, He creates us and gives us free will, despite that knowledge. A question to ponder as you read is, "Knowing what He knows, why would God create each one of us? Why did god create me?" These questions will be answered in the scripture as we read on. Trust me, I have found them. This is a question I have struggled with for 10 years, and I found the answer.
While reading this past week did you get mad at God, or at any of the people? Is the God you read about in Genesis, and Exodus the God that you know? God never changes you know. He is the same today as He was with Adam and Eve and Moses. That's a pretty cool thought huh? We know the same God that Noah knew, and Job, and the disciples, the list could continue.
As we start to read Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, we'll start to run into A LOT of repetition, but as we encounter it consider it an opportunity to more firmly plant important writings in our mind. Also, the scripture text in the Bible is accepted by many as the inspired Word of God. However, not everything in the Bible is Scripture text. Elements like Chapter titles, book names, and chapter and verse numbers were added by scholars and printers in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries to aid reading, studying, and referencing.

A young man asked God how long a million years was to him.
God replied, "A million years to me, is like a single second in your time."
Then the young man asked God what a million dollars was to Him.
God replied, "A million dollars to me, is like a penny to you."
Then the young man got his courage up and asked, "God, could I have one of your pennies?"
God smiled a replied, "Certainly, just wait one second."

God's time is very different than ours! But I'm glad that He has a sense of humor. God gave us time. So, as we are trekking through the Bible in 90 days, I know it's going to be hard to keep up. I'm having a hard time. I've got 26 chapters to read by tonight. God has given us 24 hours in a day, and has given us the free will to choose how we will spend that 24 hour period. Maybe for me I need to turn my computer off for a few hours. I have found that if I read a little bit in the morning and little bit in the evening I can get it all read.

We've got 3 books to conquer this week, but we can do it!!

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."
Romans 12:1-2 THE MESSAGE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe