Prayers that Have Changed Me

"May he equip you with all you need for doing his will.
May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen."

Hebrews 13:21

The following prayer I received through an e-mail 5 years ago. Since the day I printed it I have prayed it over and over, carrying it in my Bible, in my pocket, or tacked up on my wall. We need to simply thank Jesus when we pray. We might not like what we are experiencing in life, but thank Him anyway.

Dear God,
I want to thank you for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; I'm thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves; I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am going to thank you right now. I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has cause me pain or grief; I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking you right now. I am thanking you because I am alive. I am thanking you because I have made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking you because I have over come the obstacles. I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better. Thank you Jesus.
In Your Name,
Amen

Another prayer that has impacted me, and that I have also prayed countless times, is a prayer by Henry Blackaby. I did His 40 Day Experience of Experiencing God. That was incredible! His prayer became my prayer because that is what I wanted to be. Here is his prayer, you can make it your own too.

Father,
You have so much that you want to do in our lives, personally, in our families, and through our churches. We often reduce things down to what we can do for you. Open our eyes and our ears to you, and to your voice and help us to understand that it is not what you want us to do for You but what you want to do in us and through us. May you have more of your children who are ready to let You do only what you can do, but do it through us so that we and others can experience You more deeply. I ask it in your name.
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe