Trashcan Kind of Forgiveness

It's has been a day of revelations. Praise the Lord!

When we throw trash away, do we ever think about it again? Typically, no. When we are cleaning stuff out like old food from our fridge, or cleaning our office space up we keep the good stuff and throw away the bad stuff. We should do that in our lives as well. We need to throw away bad thoughts, the sin, bitterness, the unforgiveness we hold on to, all the stuff that starts to stink up our lives. Bad music (lyrically), anything that doesn't please Jesus needs to go. Toss in the trash can and don't think about it again. Amen? AMEN!

God convicted me about a verse this week about Forgiveness and how we when we forgive someone we need to throw away what they did to us and get on with life. Because when we hold on to unforgiveness it starts to stink and cause others to get a whiff of it. Check out this verse Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 2:5-11

5 "I am not overstating it when I say that the man who caused all the trouble hurt all of you more than he hurt me. 6 Most of you opposed him, and that was punishment enough. 7 Now, however, it is time to forgive and comfort him. Otherwise he may be overcome by discouragement. 8 So I urge you now to reaffirm your love for him.
9 I wrote to you as I did to test you and see if you would fully comply with my instructions. 10 When you forgive this man, I forgive him, too. And when I forgive whatever needs to be forgiven, I do so with Christ’s authority for your benefit, 11 so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes.
"

I have been hurt by a lot of church people. Paul is pretty clear in this passage about forgiveness isn't he? We have to also remember that vengeance is the Lords. David repeats that over and over in his Psalms. We aren't solving much when we continue to hold hate for another person. If anything we cause ourself the most harm. God will judge each of us in the end, and I don't want to ever be known as discouraging a fellow believer in His walk with Christ because I simply could not forgive him and be united against him. Yeah, the church members I have encountered haven't treated me well, but I reflect my Savior and I believe He would forgive them, so I should forgive them.
Satan wants the body of Christ to be divided, he finds great pleasure in that. He convinces himself that he is victorious over God, because God's people give into Satan and his "schemes." As I have posted before on here, we need to be a people who love each other. We are all in the same boat headed the same way. We need to posses that Koinoina love, and pray for each other. We need to build each other up in our words. Love it talked about a lot in the Bible.

So I my prayer concerning this would be:
Bind us together, Lord, with chords that cannot be broken. Help us to live in harmony with each other. Help us to love those who hurt us with your Love, Jesus; love them through us. You paid it all Jesus, let us not question your blood and who deserves it. Just as you forget our sins, help us to forget the offenses of others against us. In your name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe