It's Relationship!


At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the people who are wise and smart. But you have shown them to those who are like little children. Yes, Father, this is what you really wanted.
-Matthew 11:25-26



"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"
-Matthew 7:21-23
I have always pondered the thought about what Jesus meant in the above verse when He said, "I never knew you." He really started to speak to me about that tonight and open up understanding in my heart about it...especially after talking with a sister friend as well.
I believe what Jesus means exactly what He said, "I never knew YOU" in other words I never had a relationship with you. You never talked to me, you never came to me in my name and asked for blessings, you never cracked your Bible to ready my Love letter to you....I never knew you.
Is becoming a Christian really as easy as saying a simple prayer and that's it, your going to Heaven? I think evidence of a real Christian is their life change. It doesn't have to be anything radical, like you were once a serial killer then God saved you and now your a preacher. Praise God if that is the case but that's not the point. Is Jesus evident in your life?
Do you realize what we do when we ask Jesus into our lives? Have you ever really stopped to think about it? You are asking the King to step down INTO your life, to live His life through you and change you into being more like Him. You move your citizenship into Heaven when you ask the Rescuer into your life. Your citizenship is not longer Earth, America, North Carolina....wherever you are. So that also means pursuing a relationship with Jesus.
How do you have a relationship with Jesus? Prayer is a good place to start, reading the Bible reveals the feelings our creator has for us, I'm not kidding when I say a love letter. Spending time in His word and in prayer allows Jesus to speak to you.
The sad thing about most Christians in this day and age is they rely on other people to spiritually feed them. They rely on pastors, TV pastors, blogs, devotionals sent to e-mail, facebook, Sunday School, friends...it's quite disturbing. Christians stay in the nursery then move right on into the nursing home in their "Christian" life at church. It shouldn't be that way! Wake up Christians! Stay prepared for His return (Mat. 25:13).
It's heartbreaking to know what people miss out on when they don't read the Bible, or when they don't pray, or don't even go to church. The Word is truth, it is everything, it is the source of life.
Some of you may have been turned off from Jesus because of something another Christian did to you, or because you feel like He left you. It's not the other person you're trying to have a relationship with, this is between you and Him. He isn't the one that hurt you, and He will never leave your side. Our daddy loves us. He is jealous for us, He wants a relationship with us.
I'm not saying you're going to Hell. All I am pointing out is, God calls us to himself and it's our honor to experience all God has for us here on Earth, which includes loving our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and gather together to encourage each other.
Keep Serving the Lord!




 Jared Anderson - How He Loves .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe