Radical



I started reading David Platt's book "Radical" over the weekend. I had read the first chapter free on line several months ago, then a friend on facebook mentioned the book and I went out and bought it. I believe every Christian should read this book just to get a new perspective on things.
I found it ironic how in the same section of books you have this book "Radical: Taking the Christian life back from the American Dream", then you have Joel Osteens new book, "Achieving the American Dream."
Personally I don't believe we as Christians are looking to achieve the "American dream." We have nothing to live for here in America, we're looking forward to Heaven. The Christian life isn't going to be easy, or suppose to be easy.
I'm looking forward to going deeper into this book and learning more. I'm always striving to be more like Jesus and live a life that is so different from this world.
Go out and get the book if you can. You can't miss it, it's an orange cover. Happy reading. Comment your thoughts on the book if you have read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe