The Stand

"Stand up, Stand up for Jesus ye soldiers of the cross. Lift high his royal banner, ye shall not suffer loss. From Victory unto Victory His army shall he lead, till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed."

I wrote a song called "The Stand" 7 days after a traumatic circumstance occurred in my life February 13, 2007. The day this song was in composing mode, I remember being at the alter all day in hopes to understand and talk to God about the whole circumstance, and hear from Him. I wondered if anyone cared and would walk with me through this pain and hurt. We tend to need people in our lives to help us walk these deep valleys. But, there are times when it's just going to have to be you and God doing the nasty stuff in life, the things that can't be talked about. There are times when people just can't feel what you feel.
The first 2 verses of this song are the questioning and crying out to God. Almost like a Job moment. Can anyone see that I am hurting? Can anyone stand for me and with me? God, I just don't know if I can stand anymore. I've not got anymore tears to cry. Then God stepped in. He began to speak what is the bridge of this song over my life. My Savior has overcome the world (John 16:33), and that though it felt as if no one was there, I knew my Redeemer lived (Job 19:25)! He has taken the stand when no one else would or did. He is my hope! But he asked that I would stand for Him too. In a world where His name is being violated, where no one cares about Him anymore. HE said, "Allison, you stand for me!"
This song is not only a truth for my life, but is a promise for everyones life. Although I claim this truth and promise in this circumstance, it still hurts sometimes. The memories still surface. I thank my Savior that I can cling to Him for dear life.
So whatever you might be going through, God has not left your side. He loves us as a Shepherd loves His sheep. Look to Him for everything because He already knows the answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe