Give Love Away

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
1 John 3:16-18


Today I hit the streets of Charlotte in a mission to "Give Love Away." In the summer of 2009, I went on a "Give Love Away" tour mission trip to Dallas, Texas. Without saying much we'll just say that trip was disappointing, but God still used us, and now today I'm still trying to give Jesus' love away. I'm thinking from now on I will do this once a week, a give love away day and I invite anyone who wants to join me to join me. I told God that if He gave me a job I would use the money I made to spread his name to my surroundings and wherever He wants me to go. So that's what I'm doing.
I went by my work, McDonald's where we LOVE to see you smile! I ordered 4 burgers and had my people put them in individual bags and I put tracts in the bags. I also had water in a cooler as today is very HOT!
In addition, I prayed for every church I passed, which so far has been 6. I specifically prayed that the church would continue serving the Lord in truth. To turn their hearts towards Christ, that they would start fulfilling the great commission. That if there is pride and arrogance in the pews that it would leave and people would repent. I also prayed that people in that church would accept others because of God's great love for them.
My response was gratefullness which really surprised me, because everyone feels entitled these days. I gave water away to people working outside picking up trash, stuff like that. Some people turned me down and I guess thought I was a stupid white girl, who knows. I ended up going to the rougher part of town...Smiles and pepper spray right? God protected me. But that is where Jesus needs to be heard, not in comfortable nice neighborhoods persay.
Right now my mission field is my college I feel. I have prayed even before starting there that God would use me in my school to encourage others, be a friend to the friendless, and be available in whatever way God wants to use me there. God has used me at Central Piedmont, and I am so grateful. Not only have I had the chance to impact others, but I have others impact me. It's simple stuff really, you don't have to throw the Bible up under people and be annoying to people in your "religious" life. The aim is to be cool with people, not scare them away with trying to be better than them. Just a little word of advise. The mission field is all around us.

Comments

  1. AAAAAmmmmmmAAAAAAzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought of being involved in a community mission that's already in place? I've heard about the Charlotte Rescue Mission http://charlotterescuemission.org/
    at 907 West 1st Street. They have lots of opportunities to serve, have existed for over 70 years, and maybe you could link up with someone for your outreach. I know your heart is pure and your motives are right. I do worry about your safety, though. Doesn't mean you have to stay in safe, white neighborhoods; but I think it would be wiser to travel with someone. They have a program called Dove's Nest. You might find women there that would benefit from your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe