Pour You out till There is Nothing Left!


It has been my prayer lately that God would use me as much as he can to where when I'm old and close to the end of my life there is absolutely nothing more I can give. I didn't expect that he would allow me to be poured out so much lately though, but he has. I am thankful for the opportunities he gives me to pour Him out into others through my life.
For the past 2 weeks I've been taking care of my Grandmama in Tennessee. I poured out all I had into helping my Grandmama and doing things she needed help with. I cleaned, and cooked, drove her around, painted her fingernails, worked in the yard, played her favorite game...and it was all such a blessing.
When I got home from taking care of her, I continued to pour myself out into my brother, and my adopted son from church. Most think I'm way to young to be adopting anyone, and I have to say I agree, but I enjoy spending time with these guys and pouring my love out on them, and showing them that Jesus is the way.
I pour out myself in the prayers I pray for my family, and friends.

We should always be pouring ourselves out, pour out till there is nothing left. We can't keep Jesus, and his wisdom, and His love to ourselves. We must always reach out to everyone around us.
But you know what the cool part is? When there is nothing left, we belong to the one who is a fountain of everlasting strength, He is living water, One who is our rock and shelter and will fill us with Himself until He is finished using us here on Earth. But we must choose to refuel on Him, and feast on His living word which is the bread of life. If we don't refuel or renew ourselves we will become useless and not as effective.

So find someone to pour yourself out into today. Show them the love of Jesus, be compassionate, be kind in manner and deed. When there is nothing left, find yourself in God's word so you can continue to be a vessel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe