Blinded By Darkness

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see!

If there is one thing I have learned about people, it is this: People want to remain in their dark world because they do not want their sins exposed. Darkness covers our sins, and blinds us to the fact that we need a Savior. The light makes people face who they really are.
Jesus said He was the light of the world. We too are the light of the world, because the Holy Spirit lives within us.
I have noticed that many times after Jesus healed he told the people to go home and tell what had just happened. However, the healed didn't want to go home, they wanted to stay with Jesus and hang out with Him. It's not that Jesus didn't want them to follow Him, but Jesus knew that these people had a testimony. Unbelievers will know we are Christians by our love, yes. But they will also know we are Christians by our testimony which can only be heard if we go and tell, not just hang out with those like us. Jesus knew and understood this truth and that is why when He healed he said Go and tell, not just hang with me, I know what I did for you.
The simple truth is this, we have eternity with Jesus. We don't have forever with those who surround us that are unbelievers. God has placed you where you are for a reason. Some of us want to be missionaries to other countries, and pray for other countries, and are all for sending Bibles to Colombia, but can we really be called a missionary if we won't even go across the street? In a sense we let the darkness continue to blind us. Keep faced toward the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe