The Cleft of the Rock


"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." -Psalm 61:2
The Lord gave me the verse above this week, and I have repeated it over and over crying out for God to help me and hide me in the cleft of the rock. Rock is a title or description of God, it is the Hebrew word "tsure." We could read this scripture as, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to yourself, God, the One who is higher than I.
I have pictured this as Mt. Sinai and Moses with the children of Israel. We read in Exodus 19 that God surrounded the mountain with a thick smoke and spoke in an audible voice to the children of Israel. When we go to the rock we hear from God, and meet with Him face to face. We see Him work, we feel His touch as we never have before. But we must want it...desperately.
Whatever is bothering us, we must give it to Jesus. When we go to Him, we should go to Him in surrender. God who is higher than I, that should humble us and reassure us that He can handle what concerns us today. He will hide us in himself, and cover us with His hand. He is the Rock of Ages! He is God all by himself!
I'm hiding in my Savior tonight as I cry out from the very depths of my heart to Him.

Savior who never sleeps, take charge. Let me find in you a quiet place, a place to pillow my head on your chest and hear Your heartbeat, feeling secure knowing you will work things out for me. I believe you will protect me, you are the One who is with me, and answers me when I call out to You. When I go to sleep I trust you will sustain me. My Victory is in You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe