One Way


"Jesus said, 'I am the way the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me.'"
-John 14:6

God speaks to us in the most magnificent ways, even at work, while mowing your grass, any event you could be doing. We just have to keep our ears open to what He will say and when He will speak. Yesterday I was driving over at bumper cars where I work at Carowinds. I was getting yelled at by parents, and I was so aggravated. Each driver in the ring is suppose to drive ONE WAY. I kept hollering and pointing for all the drivers to drive one way, and take note of the posted "One Way" signs, then God spoke to me. He said, "Allison, that's what I do for my sheep, that's what I do for you. I point you in the right direction, I give you signs through my word to show you to turn and go the other way. I shout 'turn around!' when you are going the wrong way. I am protecting you, I don't want you to get hurt, I want you to obey my rules." I was stunned into silence, and I meditated on that moment the rest of my shift driving Dodg'ems Bumper Cars. May we all see Jesus with our Spiritual eyes pointing us in a better direction, shouting "Go the other way!" I love Jesus! I'm going His way today. His way is always better.
This song came to mind while God spoke to me. In turn it brought a flood of memories back of mission trips, and singing this song.
One Way Jesus, You're the only one that I could live for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe