Sing a New Song!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth— Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord."
-Psalm 40:1-3

Where do I start? The past few weeks and months have held great excitement for me. God has continued to do a great work in me, as I follow Him in obedience. Not only walking in obedience but continuing to read His Word, and learning who He is, and what He has done. I've been in a process of healing, and overcoming. I have found myself more than ever applying my life verse to my life...probably why it's called a life verse right?
I've had to make peace with my past. I've been saved for 10 years but have not been living in that new nature God gave me, or claiming all the new things He had for me. Instead I continued in my selfish flesh nature of everything that held me in bondage and kept me from living the life God designed and called me to live. We cannot live in the new without first making peace and putting to death the old one, otherwise it looms over us, and taunts us. It gives Satan a false power in your mind, and over your life.
We must change the way we think. Here is my life verse: Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will."
We have to renew our mind; change the way we think. For me guilt and shame overpowered me, self hatred. I had to throw out the old tapes, in fact destroy them with the power of the cross so that a new song could enter my heart, and my mouth, and my mind. This is a new identity, no longer identifying and playing the tapes of what you use to be, but the new song, of what God is making you to be, and loves about me and you. He desires that His children be free. "LET MY PEOPLE GO!" We are not to live in bondage to sin. How are we do the work the Lord has given us if we do not grow and continue in what we were and not in what we are becoming in HIM?!
God did something for us, so He could do something in us, and accomplish His goals through us. He's changing us from the inside out, from the new heart He gives to outward things. Did you know "new heart" is found over 900x times in the Bible?! He not only gives us a new song, we have a new master, we are a new creation, we have a new identity, new mind, new desires, new emotions, new community, new power, new freedom, and new life.
We are constantly being changed and renewed, because we are being saved daily. Salvation is not just a one time experience, it's a daily experience and choice. I think it can be closely related to marriage, it is a covenant relationship. It's all about commitment.
I was telling a friend of mine the other day, I feel so different since being set free, that the songs we sing in the choir have a whole new meaning for me. He makes all things new.
Do you need a brand new start? Do you need to be set free from the chains of bondage? Have you met your Savior, Jesus?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe