The Here and Now

If you are like me, you avoid conflict at all cost. When conflict comes into our lives we are like, NO GOD! I would rather He just kill me first than have to deal with conflict. In my little devotional this morning that I've read through a few times, it was about living in the moment. It went on to explain that God has many gifts to give us during these times, and there are many lessons to be learned. We like to pick and choose the situations we must face. Thankfully we aren't in charge of that, God doesn't want wimpy people in His army. We are in training, and we are encountering exercises designed specifically for you by God. He desires that we grow. I have said before that not every bad thing we come across is Satan, but it's God growing us up. God's greatest desire for us to learn is not to let difficulties make us depressed, or long for better things, and look ahead in the future. When we look ahead we miss the lesson, and ultimately miss Jesus too. Because Jesus is there in our circumstances. Accept what is happening now, not relying on when you finally get a break through or win a million dollars and things will be better and different. Rely only on Christ, and the comfort and strength He gives for here and now. Live to do His will alone. Below is something a dear friend shared recently, I pray it blesses you as much as it did me. May our gaze focus all on Him, and realize He is all we will ever need. Notice how this will point out who He is:

Dear Friend,
If you never felt pain, Then how would you know that I am a Healer?
If you never had to pray, How would you know that I am a Deliverer?
If you never had a trial, How could you call yourself an overcomer?
If you never felt sadness, How would you know that I am a Comforter
If you never made a mistake, How would you know that I am a forgiver?
If you knew all, How would you know that I will answer your questions?
If you never were in trouble, How would you know that I will come to your rescue?
If you never broken, Then how would you know that I can make you whole?
If I never have problem, How would you know that I could solve them?
If you never had any suffering, Then how would you know what I went through?
If you never went through the fire, Then how would you become pure?
If I gave you all things, How would you appreciate them?
If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?
If you had all power, Then how would you learn to depend on me?
If your life was perfect, Then what would you need me for?
Love, Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe