Thy Kingdom Come

Our perspective in life effects how we live. This has been the journey God has had me on since He radically got ahold of my life just 2 years ago. I found Jesus in the book of Ecclesiastes, and ever since that time I have been seeking to live my life with my gaze fixed to Heaven. To live for Heaven, and not Earthly things, to inherit the Kingdom, giving up all fleshly desires. Simply coming to my Father, as a child, and allowing Him to fill in all the brokenness in my life, so that the simple I bring Him becomes miracle. To know Him as the "yes, and Amen" and power in my life when I empty myself of everything I think I have. Creation wouldn't astound me as much should I not know it's Creator, but I do, and when I thank My Creator, the One who gave me life, I enjoy the frailties of this Earth. I thank Him, and He gives. It is the divine and special revelation of Christ that rings throughout this land; this Earth He formed. It was God who gave law, and morality. It was God who planted deep within each our hearts this thirst, and hunger for something more than this World could ever give. He designed us to be worshiping creatures. Then He gave free will. Where would we aim? Would be prostitute ourselves to the World? Or would our Aim be Him, our beautiful lover. If Heaven is our aim first, Earth becomes a gift, but if Earth is all we aim before we becomes it's slave.
From a missions standpoint, God's Kingdom should be every believers aim; what we are intimate with, and devote our lives to. There is an order to getting things done in Kingdom building. If this is really what we are aiming for, this is what our mission should look like:
Discipling and Encouraging the Saints
Discipleship is key if evangelism is how we reach people for Christ. If we were really focused on what Jesus actually commanded us to do, we would be making disciples, and the evangelism would take care of itself. We cannot fixate on getting converts the way we are used to doing it. We must become intentional in becoming friends with people, and getting connected to their life. This means being a Spiritual parent as Paul was to Timothy, as Naomi was to Ruth. One of things God as really revealed to me the past few days here as I wrap up the mission He has had me on in Portland is the importance of encouraging our brothers and sisters in Christ. Often it's easy to go on a mission and have our goals set for having a certain number of people saved, yet we forget our family. God is reminding me, "Don't forget the ones who labor beside you! Encourage them, love them!" In a city as dark as Portland, a place that has no paradigm, may I be careful in how I come through here. May I encourage those who are here faithful in the ministry and know that though they may be small, they are mighty in Christ! To hold their hand in mine and tell them to Press on! Keep fighting the good fight! Keep aiming for Heaven! May I remember to serve my family well, to give them the love of Christ, to never cease praying, to never stop believing in them, and the calling God has on their life.
Heed Ministry- Preach the Word
It's said that a good example is the best sermon. Much of life doesn't require a lot of words, but it does require lots of action. Our service, our sacrifice, our leadership, our following. Our example leads others into salvation. As Paul exhorted, pattern your lives after Christ! In his letter to Timothy he again reminded Christ followers, even if they are young to never cease being an example. What you do matters, what you say matters, where you go matters. Everything about your life either leads people to Christ, or drives them away. This is what it means to live missionally for Jesus.(1 Timothy 4:12-16)
Life, not Death
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. -John 10:10
We will be listening to His voice, and He becomes our salvation; our eternal life. The Kingdom I am invested in will either fill me or destroy me. What are we giving our ears to? Who are we listening to? What kind of lies do we believe? What truths are we walking out? Freedom is life, the truth sets us free. If we are intimate with the Shepherd, we'll know and follow His voice.
Christ, not me as Focus
Where is my vision? Are my eyes set on the Cross, on things above? What am I giving my attention to? Our focus is on building His Kingdom, and not our own. Churches are becoming tiny Kingdoms, our worship is messed up. Worshiping the band and the music more than the WHO of the lyrics that leave our mouth. Worshiping the pastor more than the WHO of His sermon. "Your Kingdom come, Lord, Your will, Lord! Building His people up, and not myself. Speaking encouraging life giving words into all who we encounter. Listening more than we tell stories of ourselves. Intentional care, and concern for all who cross our path. People need to encounter a very real Jesus. The living, active, reigning Savior King, Jesus. Pointing people to HIS face, and life, and not mine, reflection of His glory.
Heaven vs. Earth; Perspective
Run after Jesus, not the wind. Follow Jesus, no turning back.
We need the Son, not things subject to the Son. Everything that is under the Sun is under the Son. This is why we need Jesus. We can be good people, and chase moral things, and be for everything that looks good, but its like chasing the wind. You'll never be good enough. We need saving, and Jesus is that Savior who stood the test of time. He's the only one who can save our lonely, beat up, worn out selves. Worn from chasing the things of this world, things we thought would make us happy; things that would fulfill us. But we found our selves just as unhappy, and alone as when we first begun. This is when Grace is Amazing. He can never not be Savior. He is the Savior of the World, from the World.
Colossians 3:1-12 says: Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 [a]Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
5 Therefore [b]consider the members of your earthly body as dead to [c]immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which [d]amounts to idolatry. 6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come [e]upon the sons of disobedience, 7 and in them you also once walked, when you were living [f]in them. 8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth. 9 [g]Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old [h]self with its evil practices, 10 and have put on the new self who is being [i]renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him— 11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, [j]barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.
12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and [k]patience;
Our eyes are set on higher things, something greater than ourselves, Jesus. In this we cultivate enduring character, and learn from the Prophet Jeremiah from the 45th chapter, that our life is Christ, He is the life. Receiving my life as a prize is receiving Jesus. He is the eternal prized possession who lives in and through me; IN CHRIST ALONE, this is my hope. He is my all in all. When Christ is all, He will captivate your ambition, he will dominate your attention, and he will regulate your actions.
This is how we bring the Kingdom to Earth, when we actively live in Heavenly spaces, operating from a Heavenly standpoint through Jesus the Savior who will one day call us Home, and who will one day set up His Kingdom on Earth.
God bless you as you seek Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

Hupomone -- A Patient Endurance

That You May Believe