Overwhelming Love

"Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments..." Deuteronomy 7:9

My thoughts this morning reading a devotional, I became convicted of the fact that though I tell God I trust Him, there are different levels of trust. I trust Him to work out difficult circumstances, but He wants me to trust Him with my life...all of it. The bad things I do, and the good things I do. Do I trust Him to the point that I can be vulnerable with Him? Jesus lives for me to run to Him in times of distress. The Christian community tends to shoot down people who “use God.” Those who talk to Him when things are going wrong then drop Him when things are fine. Who are we to speak on Gods behalf of who He will love and not? Who He will help and not help? He is Love! He loves when believer and unbeliever alike run to Him. He will always receive with open arms. We also shoot each other down when one continually sins as if we “crucify Jesus all over.” That’s why Jesus died and shed His blood. He died and He lives to richly pour mercy out on those who need it and come to Him. Who are we to control His free pouring blood? Who are we to condemn ourselves and others who reach for its healing? This is who Jesus is. Our intercessor to God Himself through HIS blood, and unending mercy. He lives to help His creation. We aren’t left here on our own to fend for ourselves. Believer and unbeliever, the Lord our helper blesses.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elliot

That You May Believe

The Way of Healing According to Jeremiah